Monday, March 21, 2011

Work samples, lectures and scarves, oh my!

Today, I will start the process of printing and organizing a 80ish page work sample.  It encompasses the past unit that I taught in my 8th grade math class, and analyzes five different domains:  Planning/preparation, classroom environment, instruction, professional responsibilities, and "awakening the teacher within" (a.k.a. the Quaker bit).

After I get bored with that, I'll work on Danielle's scarf.  Whenever people find out that I knit, they always want me to make them a [insert object here].  I tell them that if they buy the yarn, I'd be glad to make [object] for them.  But nobody actually follows through with it.  Until this year.  One of the ACP Chemistry students did, so I am making her a scarf.
Danielle's scarf
She bought the yarn, and picked a pattern out of a book I have.  Reader's Digest Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stiches was randomly on sale in the teacher's lounge this fall, and I'm really glad I got it (for $10!)  The stitch is called 3 color honeycomb, although I'm working it in two colors.  I'm about  20 inches into it, and hope to have it done during spring break.  I'm working it with Red Heart yarn, on size 11 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment