Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Alpaca Fever

It's no secret that one day, I would like to make my own yarn from scratch.  A friend in college used to make fun of me, and ask what the point of doing that would be.  I equated it to baking a cake from scratch: It's so satisfying to make a beautiful product on your own.  I took a short yarn-dying seminar in college, and the feeling that I could make any color I wanted was incredible.  I think that knitting something from yarn that I spun and dyed would be amazing!

So when I win the lottery, I want a beautiful stone farmhouse with enough land (and a barn) for either sheep or alpaca.  I just started a sweater from a merino/alpaca blend, and it's soooooo nice! Warm, soft, squishy yarn that I can't wait to wear.  In honor of my obsession, here are some alpaca products:

Knit Alpaca Scarf



Woven Alpaca Scarf (Do you think I like green?)
Adorable Alpaca Stitch Markers
Albert Alpaca Necklace
Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment