Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Off the Needles: Queen Alice Socks

I've been taking advantage of the free time I've had since my move, and knitting up a storm! Okay, so part of it is that I bought yarn for a new project... I only allow myself to do one knitting project at a time, so I had to finish these socks! Luckily, there are only 4 loose ends to weave in per pair of socks, so I didn't mind finishing them at all. The photos are before blocking. These beauties are currently drying in my bathroom (see last photo).

I absolutely love the designer. A few year ago, I was looking for a good hat pattern for my friend (now The Boy!), and found Irishgirlieknits. Her patterns are great! In fact, my first pair of socks were knit because I won a free sock pattern from her blog. So if you need hats, socks or shawls, definitely check out her site.

On to the pictures!

Pattern: Queen Alice, by Irishgirlieknits
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Sock in French Grey (100% merino)
Modifications: None
Ravelry Post: Here

I can't wait to share my explorations around my new neighborhood with you! There's a weekly farmer's market, and a monthly craft market, so I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment