Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Bravest Things I've Done...

This month, I am participating in 30 Days of Lists. 30 Days is a challenge to journal every day, even if it is just something small. The topics will range from serious to silly, and I'm excited to spend each day on a new topic!

I've always laughed at myself for wanting to go into teaching... I hate getting up early, and I hate being the center of attention. Yet somehow I love teaching. Yes, it terrifies me. The responsibility of being the only person to teach X, Y and Z to a group of kids is a lot.

Studying abroad was also scary. I realized I was going to an entire continent where I didn't know anybody. Eek. I was so nervous that I couldn't eat! Luckily, the group I was with was amazing, the dorm I was in was amazing, and I made a lot of incredible friends.

Moving in with The Boy was definitely brave. We've known each other for 6ish years now, so we knew we would get along. But it's stressful to not have a job! And I spent the first week in our apartment by myself, because The Boy had to travel. It was actually good for me, because I spent a lot of time walking around my new neighborhood and discovering things. I'm pretty sure I know our area a little better than The Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment