Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baking: Not My Usual Craft

Sometimes I pretend to be domestic. This happens rarely. Sure, I enjoy cooking the occasional meal. But only if I'm cooking with someone else. I hate cooking by myself. And I quite often do not have the patience for baking. You have to mix the ingredients in the right order and pay attention to annoying little details. There is one obsession I have that overrides my baking aversion: Key Lime Pie Cheesecake. I first fell in love with it at the Cheesecake Factory. Then, I discovered a delightful French restaurant in my small, Indiana town with delicious Key Lime Pie Cheesecake. When I saw this recipe on a guest post by Sprinkle Bakes, I had to try it!

I follow Sprinkle Bakes mostly because her photographs of recipes are amazing.  Her cheesecake bars are delicious, and she recently put up a recipe for home made cow tails that I want to try!  Definitely check her out.  Meanwhile, here are some (not as good) pictures of my cheesecake:
Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy!



The recipe has you make enough lime curd for three batches of the cheesecake bars.  I already made a second batch to take to my boyfriend and his family.  The third batch will probably be baked this weekend for a friend's party.  Yes, it takes forever to make this from scratch, but it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment