Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Knitting Bag: A New Cardigan

Yesterday, I received the best phone call: The yarn I ordered had arrived!  I immediately ran to the yarn store to pick it up and cast on my new sweater.
Words cannot express how glad I am to own a yarn swift/ball winder.  11 skeins that need to be transformed into center-pull balls!
I've only had the yarn for about a day, but I'm already a few inches into the body of my cardigan:
More pictures after the jump!



I love how knitting through the back loop creates the look of a braid.

The pattern inclues dropped stitches that will look amazing stretched out and blocked.

Keeping careful track of where I am!  Of course, I'm also keeping my Stitch 'n Bitch books nearby for reference.
I can't wait until it begins to actually look like a cardi!
Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment