Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicken Soup Weather

This weekend made it impossible to ignore fall any longer. It's cooled down a lot, and I turned on the heat for the first time today. I decided it would be the perfect time to try a chicken soup recipe I found on Pinterest. The recipe can be found here.

To make chicken soup, you will need:
• 5 cups chicken broth
• 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz.)
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped carrots
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1 can corn (15 oz.), drained
• 1 package egg noodles
• 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
• seasonings to taste

I poached and shredded my chicken the day before. On soup day, simply throw everything except the chicken and egg noodles into your crockpot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add chicken and egg noodles (the recipe calls for 1.5 cups, but I wanted lots of noodles and just used the whole bag!), and cook on high for 1 hour.





That's it! It's super easy and delicious. Next time, I'll probably add more carrots and broth. Since I used so many egg noodles, they sucked up a lot of the broth. I just like carrots, so I'd add more.

1 comment:

  1. Yummm! This looks so delicious!! I've always been afraid to try and make soup but using a crock pot?! -- that looks so easy.

    ReplyDelete