Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Off the Needles: Drapey Sweater

from Vogue Knitting Winter 2011/12

The photo of this pattern in Vogue Knitting looks so comfy and warm! After knitting some complex things this summer, I wanted an easy knit. With no shaping and loads of stockinette stitch, this sweater was perfect!

The knitting itself went fairly quickly. As always, I avoided the finishing details for a few weeks.

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I wasn't sure I could pull this look off... Part of me wishes I had gone with a more drapey yarn. My sleeves don't fall exactly the same way as the model (but that could be me over criticizing myself? Or sewing the seams too tightly?). I love the twist in the front too! It's not often that the reverse side of stockinette stitch is shown, but it's beautiful in its own way.







Pattern: Drape Front Sweater, from Vogue Knitting Winter 2011/2012
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted in Stone (100% wool)
Modifications: Instead of sewing side seams, I used a provisional cast on for the sides and connected them using the three needle bind off. I also added an additional 2 inches in length.
Ravelry Post: here

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I haven't seen this pattern before and your pictures make me want to knit it! It looks so fabulous on you!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I love this pattern, but I was soooo sick of stockinette stitch by the end...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete