Thursday, October 4, 2012

Plucky Knitter Trunk Show

I've seen Plucky Knitter yarns featured a lot on other blogs, and on Ravelry. I was always tempted to buy some, but was nervous about spending so much money on yarn without being able to feel it in person! That sounds silly, but I didn't want to throw money away on yarn that could be scratchy or rough. Recently, the Plucky Knitter had a trunk show at my new local yarn store! It was the perfect opportunity to scope out the store and the yarn.

I got there about 40 minutes after the store opened. It was packed. I knew it would be good when I was walking down the street and saw a lady with an armful of yarn leaving. She warned me that some colors were already sold out! I picked up my pace and entered a sort of paradise. Yarn. Everywhere. Soft. Colorful. Expensive. Immediately I regretted not planning to buy sweater yarn. I had no idea how much I would need for a sweater, so I stuck with my plan of buying a skein or two of fingering weight yarn. That thickness is good for a pair of socks or shawl out of one skein.




The pictures above are just two of the three tables displaying Plucky Knitter yarns. So many colors! I think I spent a good minute just staring and wishing I had several hundred dollars to spend. I circled the store, scoping out the situation. Then I stared some more. Finally I decided on two skeins.

Gorgeous. I already used the yellow skein for a project I'll share with you soon!

I'm really glad I got to check out Fibre Space, and I plan on returning soon. Those smarties have a rewards card! And they're in an adorable part of Alexandria (near where the boat wedding docked) that I want to explore more.

No comments:

Post a Comment