Saturday, June 25, 2011

My first pair of socks!

A few weeks ago, I won a sock pattern from a fabulous blog I read, We Do Not  Have A Knitting Problem.  The blogger not only knits a ton of socks, but designs them as well.  I have never attempted socks, but with this Sweet Home pattern I knew the time had come.

I picked out a beautiful yarn yesterday, and was excited to get started!  I've been trying to avoid started new projects since I want to spend time on weaving.  Unfortunately the custom pieces I ordered for my loom were not quite right, and I'll have to send them back to be remade.  While I'm waiting, the socks should keep me busy.
Beautiful Madeline Tosh yarn.

I love these colors.
The yarn is hand-dyed Tosh Sock merino wool.  So soft!

The other exciting thing about this project is that I got to use my new swift and ball winder for the first time!  I got them for my birthday, and have been very happy that I'll never have to wind balls of yarn by hand again.
Lookin' good.

I may have gotten a little artsy with the camera.  Action shots!

I also may have made my sister sit on the floor to shoot this...


Close up of the final product.

Hooray!  A great ball ready to be turned into socks.
 I suppose the dark colors will make it a little more difficult to see the pattern, but once this yarn caught my eye I couldn't put it down.  Why did I agree to go tubing with my friends this afternoon when I could be home knitting!?

No comments:

Post a Comment