Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Peek at My Ravelry Queue

I love browsing Ravelry for cute patterns and ideas, and I always end up adding something to my queue.  I seriously need to find a teaching job so I can buy more yarn and get started!  Enjoy:
Firefly bag.  The name caught my eye (I love Nathan Fillion and his tv shows), and then the pretty lace pattern pushed this guy to number one in my queue.
Abigail Cardi.  Knit in one piece (I despise sewing seams!), it looks light and cute.
Still Light Tunic.  I adore pockets.  Enough said.
Fiona, all grown up.  Yes, this is on tiny needles and would take forever to create.  But it's soooooooo cute.  And I have recently discovered that I actually like using tiny needles.  It's the perfect summertime top/project.
Looking Glass Socks.  I'm in the middle of my first pair of socks, and I love them! So fast and easy to knit up.  I have a feeling I'll be making a lot more in the future.
Quadrat.  Sideways cables!  This is such a cute look, I wonder if I can pull it off?
Snapdragon Flip-Top Mittens.  My first real knitting project was a pair of gloves (I'm a firm believer of learning while I go?), and these mittens would be a great addition to my collection.
Aubergine.  I'm very much in love with this yarn and how it knit up!
Finally, there are two knitted pairs of slippers that I can't make up my mind about!  What do you think?
French Press Felted Slippers.  The buttons are adorable!
Knotted Slipper.  The knot just looks so fun to do!
Believe it or not, this is only about half my queue!  I want to try so many different things, as well as continue making things I enjoy, like small projects and socks.  I introduced my sister to Ravelry last night, and she spent hours trying to find the perfect sweater pattern.  She did!

3 comments:

  1. Mel -
    I love this blog. I really want to try socks but am chicken. Do you have an easy pattern and are you using 4 needles or circular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the knotted slipper. Cause they're better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy! Happy (belated) birthday!!

    I'm doing a pattern from this blog that I read. It's called Sweet Home, and it's pretty easy. There are a few cables, but the rest is just knitting and purling. I'm doing it on double pointed needles (I like them for some reason), but I know my mom has used the Magic Loop method to do socks.

    Ryan, I kind of agree with you. Definitely leaning towards the knotted slippers!

    ReplyDelete