Thursday, June 23, 2011

Projects for Tiny Needles

I finished my Mary Ella cuff this week!  Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon.  I still have some of my thread left, so I hopped on Ravelry to see what other tiny knitting projects are out there.  Here's what I found:

There was a ton of jewelry!  I love the idea of making tiny, detailed, hand-knit jewelry to wear.  I tend to have a few favorite pieces that I wear all the time, so expanding my collection would be great.

These earrings are beautiful
A simple necklace.
A crocheted cuff.  I need to get back into hooking!
A beaded necklace.
How cute would it be to make your own garter for your wedding? (And it's a heck of a lot classier than the girl I saw the other day with a garter tattooed on her thigh.  Gross.)
There's a ton out there.  I'm not into using bookmarks (I just grab whatever small piece of paper I have nearby.  I love using old metro cards as bookmarks), but there are dozens on Ravelry.  I was delighted to find a mini Companion from the game Portal for your inner nerd:
The cake is a lie.


There's also great decorative things, like these rock covers:
The pattern is called "Little Urchin Crochet Covered Sea Stones." How cute!
In other news, I finally got the reeds for my loom!  Unfortunately, they are warped.  The corners aren't square, so the reed tilts sideways.  The tilt makes it too big to fit in my loom.  I think I can fix them if I sand them down, but I'm really disappointed.  I got them custom made from a company, and I was expecting a much better product for the price!

1 comment: