Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Obsession: Natural Wooden Products

My ideal hardwood floor... Wide, dark planks [source].
I'll admit it- I watch a lot of HGTV (the Home and Garden Network). A lot. Pretty much any show where they're doing a renovation or looking at real estate has me hooked! While watching (and silently arguing with homeowners when they make poor decorating choices), and I realized that I loooooove wood. Hardwood floors, beautiful furniture, and lately some interesting accessories. While I'm talking about hardwood floors can I give some advice? Stick with the basic layout. Don't choose to use herringbone or parquet patterns! Yuck. I will also admit that watching these shows gives me an urge to buy a fixer-upper and renovate! We'll see how that goes... Below are some of the wooden products on my List of Things to Buy When I Get a Full-time Job:




These sunglasses by Schwood are gorgeous! They're so different than any other sunglasses I've seen.
These wooden buttons on Etsy would have been perfect for my Roheline Cardigan! I don't know why I didn't think of looking online when I bought buttons for it.
These weaving shuttles are perfect for the loom I bought! Definitely adding them to my "must buy" list! [source]
I love the juxtaposition of wood with technology in this Root Cases iphone case! Of course, the darkest stain is my favorite...

The shape of this wooden clock is amazing! [source]
End note: Seriously, I think parquet floors are the worst, and I don't understand why they're coming back in style. They look so dated to me! I only mention this because I'm watching International House Hunters right now, and they are looking at a parquet floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment