Monday, January 23, 2012

A Visit from Australia!

In case you didn't know, I spent spring of 2009 studying abroad in Brisbane, Australia. When I got back, I kind of talked about it ALL OF THE TIME. Because it was amazing.  I made some incredible friends, had a lot of fun, saw some amazing things, and even went to my college classes (mostly). I'm pretty crappy at keeping in touch with people, but I've managed to keep up with one friend, who stopped by during his month-long visit to the States.  Duncan was nice enough to come to school with me and answer all kinds of weird questions about Australia. We hit up the Pennsylvania Farm Show on one day, and then drove down to Washington D.C. and went sightseeing.  Ohmygosh, it's exhausting to be a tourist! Walking around for hours in sub-freezing temperatures counts as a workout, right?

I hate being "that girl" with a camera that takes pictures of anything and everything, but now I wish I had taken more photos! Here's the ones I have:
Before we could get to the Farm Show, we had to wait for 30+ minutes in a windy parking lot in 27ยบ weather. I'm just glad we were near the front of the shuttle bus line!

These adorable baby goats were fighting over who was "King" of the hay bale.

Alpaca. Honestly, why wouldn't you want to raise alpaca on your property? I know I want to... There was a lot of local yarn for sale at the farm show! I didn't buy any, because without a project in mind I wasn't sure how much I would need.

The butter sculpture.

In the rabbit room, there was a petting station with about 10 rabbits you could pet. At the end, on its own table, this fluffy fluffy angora bunny! It's like petting a cloud.

Lil' Sebastian!

Lil' Sebastian!

The Air and Space Museum at Dulles. Basically a giant hanger with a billion planes inside.  Hello Enola Gay.

Hello space shuttle.

Replicas of satellites.

A sampling of the many planes- on the ground and in the air.

Me with Duncan.
It was a really fun visit, and I hope I can go back down under soon to visit Duncan and the rest of my Aussie friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment