Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Computer!

I'm typing this from my new Macbook Pro!  Ahhhhd;flkadjfa;glf! You may think that I am unreasonably excited - I didn't even get the brand new retina display Macbook pro that got released this week. But let me summarize the past 6 years:
1 new hard drive (free, thanks to my brother's friends)
1 new power cord (old one became a fire hazard with exposed wire)
1 free RAM upgrade (again, my brother's friends)
1 free OS update (see above)
1.5 years of keeping my computer constantly plugged in due to a battery that can't keep a charge
1.5 years of a loud, whirring fan because my computer can't find its own heat sink
1.5 years of living in fear that my computer would die at any moment
1.5 years of a faulty wireless card and dead ethernet port
2 degrees (B.A., M.A.T.)
2 countries (USA, Australia)
3 states (PA, OH, IN)
countless itunes upgrades (I hate those!)

With a new computer, I have no excuse not to be better at updating this blog. My computer can always find the internet! I can actually unplug the power cord and still use the computer! My computer can run multiple programs at once without becoming overwhelmed and confused! It's a glorious day.

Even better: I went to our local farmer's market for the first time, and got delicious artichoke asiago sourdough bread and a basil plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment