Thursday, June 21, 2012

Progress! And... A Minor Setback

I've been working on the beautiful Rocky Coast Cardigan (see below). Other knitters reported that the sweater had tiny tiny arms, so the creator released alterations. I followed the alterations, and was feeling pretty good about the quick progress I was making. Until I tried on the sweater last night. Despite the alterations, the arms are still really tight! I don't want to sound conceited, but I have pretty small arms, so if this is a problem for me, it must be a problem for everyone making the sweater!

Copyright: Coastal Knits
Copyright: Coastal Knits
Now, I have to undo the whole sleeve! I think that if I just redistribute the decreases, the arm will fit better. It's still frustrating to have to frog over a foot of knitting.

 Above: My sad one-armed (soon to be no-armed) cardigan, and a close up of the cable pattern. I love the cabling! I hadn't seen this pattern before. It's interesting, and it's easy to memorize.

Time to stop whining and get back to my needles...

3 comments:

  1. I love your sweater! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean you'll be frogging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex - Thank you! I just follow patterns and keep my fingers crossed that they fit haha

    DCChem - you missed the frogging :( I did it yesterday afternoon. Next time I'll wait for you!

    ReplyDelete