Monday, May 23, 2011

Tiny Needles

I'm only in Indiana for one more week!  I keep getting the urge to start new projects on Sunday nights, when everything is closed.  The LYS doesn't open until Tuesday!

I just remembered that I'm supposed to practice knits and purls on my ridiculously small needles for a class I'm taking this summer.  You may remember the Mary Ella Cuff:

Working on such small needles is so weird!  It's not hard per-say, but it's very slow.  I've also never knitted with beads on my yarn, so it should be an interesting class.  Here's a sneak peek at my practice:

Large picture = Easier to see the detail.  It's so tiny!


My bracelet will be on ecru colored thread, with deep amethyst beads.  I think.  It's been so long since I bought the supplies, I can't remember!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! such tiny needles! what size are they? I am agast! how do you knit on such small things!
    So pretty. do they have tiny circs as well? I have an urge to knit some teeny tiny hats now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, to be honest, I'm not sure what size they are! All I know is that they are smaller than the size 0 hole on my needle gauge. I'm not sure if they have circs, but these are double pointed so I guess you could do tiny hats!

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete