Monday, May 30, 2011

Giant Food

I've been pretty busy in the past week.  Two weekends ago I was in Indy for a friends bachelorette party.  It was really fun, and it got me pumped for the wedding!  The wedding was Memorial Day weekend.  My friend grew up in a really small town, but they have a giant egg.  I have no idea why.  But my friends and I knew we had to take a group shot after the ceremony (and before we realized that my friend locked his keys in the car...).  The wedding was really fun, and it was great to see my friends join their lives together.
Mentone, IN

It's sort of strange, but this is not the first giant food item I've seen.  While on spring break abroad in Australia, my friends and I found a giant mango in Bowen, Queensland.  We loved it so much that our Aussie friend took us to see the giant pineapple near the Gold Coast for our last week in Australia.  I also had a giant fruit sighting in New Zealand, and am still kicking myself for not stopping for a picture.

Bowen, QLD, Australia


Trying to hold up the giant mango...


Gold Coast, QLD, Australia

The pineapple was sweet because you could climb up to the top!

I'm not saying that I will be one of those people that plans their entire vacations around visiting giant objects, but it would definitely be fun to keep up the tradition!

Aside from the wedding, I've been in the midst of packing to move back home for the summer.  I'm sitting in an empty apartment, and will be driving to PA tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll be able to get my weave on soon and play with my loom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! I'm a friend of your mom and dad's from grad school days in Colorado (In other words. . . an OLD friend!). Your dad sent me the link to your blog -- because I knit and blog, too. I love your blog! It's delightful -- and I hope you don't mind if I stop in every now and then to see what you're making next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love it if you keep reading my blog! It's great that you're still in touch with my parents, they loved CO.

    Also, if you give me the link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete