Thursday, May 17, 2012

My First Cheesecake


For my birthday last month, I asked for a springform pan so that I could make cheesecakes. Last year, I discovered this recipe for Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars, and they were a huge hit with my family (pictures of a batch I made here). I wanted to be able to make real cheesecake, and now I can!

I got a springform pan and a cheesecake recipe book with 125 recipes! I decided to start with the basics (and the first recipe in the book): Blue Ribbon Cheesecake. Here it is:









I really want to try the Key Lime Cheesecake recipe next, and see how it compares to the bars I've been making!

In other news, I'm halfway done with the Couch to 5k program! I'm already looking at races to enter this summer... There's one in my hometown near the 4th of July that I want to do. And I really want to do the Color Run! I wish I could do the Warrior Dash or Spartan Run, but I think I'll have to wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment