Friday, July 20, 2012

Claws and Paws: Triangle Tips

I have seen triangle tips a few places, but this recent pin on Pinterest inspired me to give it a try:
I knew that you could use Scotch tape to outline the triangles, so I found some tape and settled down to paint. The results were... frustrating.




I got very clean, crisp lines from the tape. But I used a generic brand, and it left a lot of glue on my nails after I peeled it off. Even after washing with soap and water, my nails were uneven and sad looking. I hoped that the topcoat would even it out and make everything look nice. It improved things, but they're still a little sad looking! For my other hand, I found some Scotch brand tape and used that. Again, I got nice clean lines. This time, there was no glue left on my nails, but the tape pulled off my nail polish! Next time I'm thinking of using painter's tape, or maybe even Post It notes. I love the look of this manicure, and I'm definitely going to try it again.
Colors Used:
Turquoise- Julep Robin
Pink- OPI Sparrow Me the Drama

1 comment:

  1. Cute! If I manage not to get any paint on my cuticles, I consider it a victory.

    ReplyDelete