Sunday, September 9, 2012

Color Run Recap / Today You Can Find Me...

This month, I am participating in 30 Days of Lists. 30 Days is a challenge to journal every day, even if it is just something small. The topics will range from serious to silly, and I'm excited to spend each day on a new topic!








We had to get up super early for the Color Run, but it was totally worth it. We arrived about 7:30, and the race started at 9. But the event was really well organized. There was a DJ, lots of dancing, freebies, and lots of pictures being taken. And there were sooooo many people! I'm surprised The Boy and I didn't bump into anyone we know. We saw some girls with t-shirts from our college, so maybe that counts?

The weather was beautiful, and the run was really fun. It's low key, so a lot of people walked the whole thing. Every so often, there was a color station along the trail where volunteers would douse you in dye (colored cornstarch). I wish I had worn some sort of eye protection, but otherwise it was perfect! At the end, they had a dance party, and more color dye. They had guys with leaf blowers that would remove most of the power before you left. I'd definitely recommend it as a first time 5k. Insider tip: Be sure to get to the starting line early. They let people go in waves, so some people were still starting by the time we finished!
Pre-race. 
More pre-race.
Starting line.
Behind us...
Finished!
Post leaf blowers.

It looks like I have a green moustache and bruised eye. Yea color run!

No comments:

Post a Comment