Thursday, April 12, 2012

Claws & Paws: Polka Dots

This week, I tried out this tutorial for making my own dotting tool. Of course, I immediately had to test it out! I went with a simple design: Just a base color, with a dark polka dot on top.

Please excuse the poor photography... My polish colors and my dotting tool.
Polka dots!
This week has gone by really quickly. I got back from camping Monday morning, and was out of town all day Tuesday for a job interview (keep your fingers crossed for me!). So my first day back at work was yesterday, and it's almost Friday already! Even better: Tomorrow is dress down day at work. I can be comfy in jeans and Chuck Taylors all day.

I've been zooming through the Firefly bag I'm working on too. I've just finished the body, and I need to learn how to do an I-cord bind off before I go any further. When I finish, I can go pick cute fabrics for the lining (and ask my mom for a lot of sewing help...). Happy (almost) Friday!
Lace Detail. I'm using a yarn that's a blend of hemp, cotton and rayon. Perfect for a study summer bag!

Body of the purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment