Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break 2012

I miss spring break. My college always gave us a two week spring break, and it was wonderful. I would just go home, relax, and catch up with all of my hometown friends. Now I'm working at a public middle school, and I get a spring break of 5 days (2 of which are the weekend). Not only that, but two of those days are built in snow days. If we had missed any days due to winter weather, our spring break would have been only three days long! That's no break at all.

Luckily, I got all five days off! I spent them camping with my boyfriend in Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware. Despite the cold night (40ยบ = brr!), it was really fun. We got to hike a lot, spent a lot of time lounging and reading, and caught up with a college friend in Rehoboth Beach. We even managed to find a mini golf course! As always, I didn't take enough pictures, but here is what I took:
Our lovely campsite.

An extremely attractive picture of yours truly. Also, what happens when you live in about 3 layers and a hat for several days on end.

Beach hike. Rocking the college hoodies and sunburn.

In which my inner child comes out.

Ocean <3
...I'm a fan of soda art, okay?
I found a yarn store! And promptly purchased some squishy sock yarn :)

The yarn store.
It was my first vacation with The Boy, and we had a really good time. We're trying to figure out when our work schedules will allow us to take another one! Hope you all enjoyed your breaks too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment